Honors Recital Information
2020 Honors Recital has been cancelled due to Covid-19.
Honors Recital is a platform for showcasing the best students of MTACA members. This is a good way to encourage your students who have shown good progress through the year. Students should be capable of playing in front of a crowd and handling the stress of the situation, and not back out at the last minute.
Held Bi-Annually, the Honors Recital will be held April 2020, specific date TBA.
- Teacher must be a current member of MTACA.
- Each teacher may have two entries. Ex.: 1. Instrumental or vocal solo. 2. Any kind of ensemble (i.e. piano duet, string trio, chamber music).
- Only one piece/movement may be played by each student.
- Students must be school-aged.
- The maximum time allowed per student is 5 minutes. Entries with advanced students are allowed 8 minutes.
- Memorization is required for solo pieces; ensembles may use music.
- Original student compositions may be performed.
- By mail. Downloadable form is available at mtaca.org/downloads.
- By email to Dr. Hakutani at [email protected]
Important: one form or email information per entry by the deadline date.
Dr. Naoki Hakutani