- Teacher must be current, active member of MTACA
- High school seniors may apply
- Major or minor in any area in the field of music
- Acceptance at a University or School of Music
- Complete application
- Letter of recommendation from teacher (under separate cover)
- High school transcript
- No audition is required.
- Applicants will be screened by the scholarship committee of MTACA. Special consideration will be given to grades, the teacher recommendation, involvement in musical activities in the community and involvement in past MTACA events.
- Recipient will perform on the Honor Recital in May.
Deadline for application: April 1, 2023
Mail application to: Sherry Mashburn
21 White Willow Court
Little Rock, AR 72212
GUIDELINES FOR MTACA SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE
- $500 award will be sent to the educational institution of the recipient’s choice.
- Obtain proof of acceptance and the address of the college from the recipient.
- Teachers of applicants may not serve on the selection committee.
- Chairman will notify the Student and Teacher by April 15, and will also remind the recipient to perform at the Honors Recital in May as required.
- Later to also notify MTACA Treasurer and 1st V.P. for check to be sent and yearbook update.
- Look for talent, community involvement, and participation in MTACA activities.